OK? OK!
Happy new year people of Earth! We've made our trip round the sun once more, and boy, it was quite the ride! Last year was a year of many firsts for me, my first international flight, my first time working at sea, my first pay check and my first year (and hopefully last year) of living without a cat.
Last year was the year of the horse, according to the Chinese horoscope, and 2015, bringing in the year of the sheep. I'm not sure what these wise animals are supposed to add to my already confusing life, so I see them more as a good luck sign, like a lucky charm.
I still have many photos and stories I need to post in relation to my travels of last year, but I'll post them now and then. Nostalgia becomes boring when its forced.
So, on this beautiful summers morning, I will leave you with one of my lists. Its something I've been wanting to post for a really long time. A list of truths about me. Realisations, honesty and humour.
- Lena Dunham's book, "Not that kind of girl" has changed my life. For the better.
- I have learnt that I am not a good sales person.
- I have been bitten by what they call, the travel bug. This sickness includes side effects of a constant yearning to explore the unknown corners of this beautiful globe we live on.
- I have learnt that no amount of money can buy you happiness. Yeah, I know your like, "Duh Laura, money can't buy happiness, everyone knows that!" but it is in fact very true. Now don't get me wrong, money makes you happy, just not the right type of happy. (See figure 1)
- I think Justin Timberlake is a talented artist. I'm not mad about his voice or his 2 Minute noodle hair, but I think he must be a smart guy. He has a finger in every pie.
- I still cant spell the word minute.
- I love my pets more than I love some people I know.
- I think of Sam Smith as a male version of Adelle. They are both equally amazing.
- I am impatient, and I'm not too proud of that. But I think sometimes, shouting is ok.
- I'm bad at baking.
- I'm better at cooking.
- I've always wanted a telescope, a kitten in a box and an office.
- Men in uniform are definitely not all that attractive.
- I've always wanted to go to a ballet.
- I find reading difficult.
- I did not get intoxicated on NYE.
- I am gluten intolerant and have a deadly allergy to all seafood, resulting in not being able to eat any chicken, unless its free range.
- I don't do nearly enough effort with any of my friendships.
- I have an uncontrollable excitement for birthdays and holidays.
- I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as over decorating a party.
- I grind my teeth in my sleep.
- I don't like raw tomatoes. I know they are healthy, but I really find them a challenge.
- There are few things in life I hate more than doing dishes.
Have a good week people!
xx

Comments
Post a Comment