Just Like Lettuce
I know, it's been a while.
In the past few months I had to spend some time prioritizing my actions. Yeah, and blogging, as much as I enjoy it, didn't make to top 10. So here I am, a rebel caught in the act.
It's funny how people change the way you see things. Something like the font. I used to (and to some extent occasionally still do) think of it as lettuce. Lettuce is green and leafy. Our minds link it to growths such as spinach and broccoli. that contain many vitamins. When consumed, they trigger a switch in our minds that make us feel a bit better because what we are eating is healthy. Lettuce is a hit because it's cheap and has very little taste. It has become such a norm. My point i am trying to make is that font is like lettuce. It makes the final product look better/healthier but hasn't changed anybodies life (to date). Just thinking about it all... why does anybody even care about a font when there are so many -millions- of children all over the world with a dream of learning how to read, wishing they could get another book.
You can't really compare teaching a child to read, or supplying a much needed education to eating a piece of spinach.
In the past few months I had to spend some time prioritizing my actions. Yeah, and blogging, as much as I enjoy it, didn't make to top 10. So here I am, a rebel caught in the act.
It's funny how people change the way you see things. Something like the font. I used to (and to some extent occasionally still do) think of it as lettuce. Lettuce is green and leafy. Our minds link it to growths such as spinach and broccoli. that contain many vitamins. When consumed, they trigger a switch in our minds that make us feel a bit better because what we are eating is healthy. Lettuce is a hit because it's cheap and has very little taste. It has become such a norm. My point i am trying to make is that font is like lettuce. It makes the final product look better/healthier but hasn't changed anybodies life (to date). Just thinking about it all... why does anybody even care about a font when there are so many -millions- of children all over the world with a dream of learning how to read, wishing they could get another book.
You can't really compare teaching a child to read, or supplying a much needed education to eating a piece of spinach.
Comments
Post a Comment