All I want for Christmas...
So I've been asked the question. One of the few questions I can't stand. It excites me, but crushes my insides every time I have to think of an answer. There is no answer, for me personally. I have everything I need. I have much more than I need. There are things that I would like but at the same time there are things I don't want. You get it, right?
I don't want more bath stuff.
Some 1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water, and 2.6 billion lack basic sanitation.
I don't want chocolates.
I don't want more bath stuff.
Some 1.1 billion people in developing countries have inadequate access to water, and 2.6 billion lack basic sanitation.
I don't want chocolates.
Every year 15 million children die of hunger.
I don't really want stationary.
Based on enrollment data, about 72 million children of primary school age in the developing world were not in school in 2005. 57% of them were girls. These are regarded as optimistic numbers.
...and I don't want another boring book.
Nearly a billion (1000 000 000) people entered the 21st century unable to read a book or sign their names.
There is only one thing I want for Christmas.
I want to give.
If I can, for one day, give a child who has nothing a toy, their pure joy will be my gift.
If I can, for one day, give a homeless person a meal, their gratitude will fill me.
If I can, for one day, improve someone's life, even if it's only in a small way, I want to.
This Christmas I don't want to get anything.
I want to give to those who don't have.
Please contact me on Facebook to become part it.
xx
Comments
Post a Comment