Simply Beautiful
According to Wikipedia (the site that has everything that is anything) :
"Beauty is a characteristic of a person, animal, place, object, or idea that provides a perceptual experience of pleasure, meaning, or satisfaction."
Right with that said, I would like to know, who has the right to label something beautiful? I don't want tot get all sticky here, I'm just wondering. When someone says, "Wow, she looks beautiful" we don't have to agree, right? Because it's only their opinion. Therefore, my argument that beauty is only a opinion and nothing more, is proven correct. I mean, I might like Chocolate ice cream, but you might not. You might think it is beautiful, I might not. Why beauty has such a huge hype around it, I don't know. It could be just as important as what ice cream flavour you prefer. It's only an opinion.
Don't even get me started in beauty pageants. Everyone thinks she is the most beautiful, so she wins the prize. I mean, what kind of judgement is that? "I came third in a beauty pageant, so I'm not that beautiful." To poison the minds of the youth.
But it's the word that holds so much importance. Why? I don't know. It' fun to say. It's so proper.
Here follows a composition of many different kinds of beauty. It was hard to compose, I hope you catch my drift.
"Beauty is simply an individual's opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less."
- Laura Swart

Comments
Post a Comment