The One and Only..?
Another one of those posts leaving you with more questions than answers.
(Only in chapter 2 will we be getting to useful life skills). Questions start now.
The One.
Lets say, for the sake of this discussion, that there exists a soul mate for each one of us.
One person created specifically for you.
But- you might never meet that person. What if they're stuck somewhere in the Amazon, in some rural tribe, dreaming of you for all the wrong reasons. (cannibal much?) Anyway-
Apart from the fact that you might never meet this being, there is something else that bothers me:
If my soul mate is the on for me, am I the one for them? Or just because that person is my soul mate, am I theirs? Is that even fair? Someone else decides, you are their sole mate, then you you just have to fall in line. Smile. And wave.
What if you have more than one soul mate? A friend may have 19 soul mates while I may not have any. Stealing other peoples soul mates. That sounds like a serious offence. 25 to life, I'd say.
I'm skipping the whole, "but how do you know, it's your soul mate" topic, as it only makes me tired.
Imagine being married to someone who claims you are their soul mate. The problem is, you have a strong feeling, that person is not the one for you. You start to realise that your The One had passed you by, many years ago, in a local supermarket in Italy. What do you do then? Try and tell your spouse, "Sorry, I just had a light bulb moment and realised that your not my The One!" That might not go down so well. And if you are a mute it doesn't make life much easier.
Then you'll just have to shut up and live with it. (Excuse the pun)
They say I'm too young to be worrying about this kind of drama. But in 10 years I'll be 28. That's almost 30, which is half way to 60, which is retirement age (not that I think I'll be retiring, ever). And that thing that old people say, that the years just keep spinning faster and faster the older you get.
Technically, I should be figuring out my life now, while I'm not too dizzy from the years spinning by...
(Only in chapter 2 will we be getting to useful life skills). Questions start now.
The One.
Lets say, for the sake of this discussion, that there exists a soul mate for each one of us.
One person created specifically for you.
But- you might never meet that person. What if they're stuck somewhere in the Amazon, in some rural tribe, dreaming of you for all the wrong reasons. (cannibal much?) Anyway-
Apart from the fact that you might never meet this being, there is something else that bothers me:
If my soul mate is the on for me, am I the one for them? Or just because that person is my soul mate, am I theirs? Is that even fair? Someone else decides, you are their sole mate, then you you just have to fall in line. Smile. And wave.
What if you have more than one soul mate? A friend may have 19 soul mates while I may not have any. Stealing other peoples soul mates. That sounds like a serious offence. 25 to life, I'd say.
I'm skipping the whole, "but how do you know, it's your soul mate" topic, as it only makes me tired.
Imagine being married to someone who claims you are their soul mate. The problem is, you have a strong feeling, that person is not the one for you. You start to realise that your The One had passed you by, many years ago, in a local supermarket in Italy. What do you do then? Try and tell your spouse, "Sorry, I just had a light bulb moment and realised that your not my The One!" That might not go down so well. And if you are a mute it doesn't make life much easier.
Then you'll just have to shut up and live with it. (Excuse the pun)
They say I'm too young to be worrying about this kind of drama. But in 10 years I'll be 28. That's almost 30, which is half way to 60, which is retirement age (not that I think I'll be retiring, ever). And that thing that old people say, that the years just keep spinning faster and faster the older you get.
Technically, I should be figuring out my life now, while I'm not too dizzy from the years spinning by...

Comments
Post a Comment